April 4, 2012

Closing of a Chapter

Tomorrow is my last day at work. I have mixed emotions: sad, excited, nervous, satisfied, proud. I remember thinking back to when I first knew I loved my job. I thought it would be impossible to give it up! Any other position I'd had before I was ready to drop in a heartbeat had the adoption gone through at that time. The husband and I had talked about/agreed long ago that I would be a stay at home mom but this job actually made me really question what I wanted to do, and he was open to letting me make the final decision. Once Noah came along, it was pretty easy.

The past two weeks have gone by quickly. I am incredibly thankful to my bosses for allowing me to work part time as my babysitter schedule allowed so that I could come in to train the temp currently filling in for me. It was surreal to set up my exit interview but I am more than ready. Many people at work have told me how happy I look - not that I wasn't before! Just "happier".

So tomorrow I'll go in, work a few hours, cram as much info I can into my temporary replacement's head and at 3:30 I'll hand in my laptop and badge.

Then, in 5 years or so when Noah goes to school, I'll look up my boss and ask for a job. ;-)

1 comment: