April 7, 2012

Field Trip Saturday - Edition #7

Before we had Noah, I tried to imagine how my kids' first Easter would be: Egg hunts, fancy clothes to wear Sunday morning, find a real bunny to take pictures with, etc. In reality, age has a lot to do with starting some traditions so this holiday weekend has been slightly non-eventful.

We attend what some people consider to be a "mega-church" (I don't like to think of it that way). So as most churches expect, Sunday morning Easter is usually packed. That's an understatement for our church. For special holidays, if you don't arrive at least 45 minutes early you can kiss a parking space goodbye, let alone childcare. Thankfully they offer the same service on Saturday nights, so we decided to skip maneuvering through the crowds tomorrow morning and we attended Easter service tonight. We may make that our own tradition, but I did miss out on that cute outfit for Noah. The egg hunts and bunnies can come next year.

Church was amazing as always. Instead of the flair and pomp and circumstance to entertain the congregation, we had one special song and our pastor spoke on the crucifixion and resurrection - the bare bones, if you will, of the reason we celebrate Easter.

This was also Noah's first time to go into the nursery. His class is called the Cuddle Bugs (so cute!). I was a good mom and did not cling to or worry about him. From what I've heard, all the childcare workers must have a background check and there are cameras in the rooms. Each class - even the babies - have their own little worship time and the workers pray over the children.

When we returned to pick up Noah, I was finally able to be that doting parent looking for her child to see how he/she coped without me. So we looked and there was Noah sharing an activity mat with another little boy and he was happily holding onto those toes, completely content. When the worker told us that he was a really good baby it just made me beam! I am still so amazed at how blessed we are with this little boy. Yes, he has his grumpy moments, but I will relish this "good baby" phase for as long as we have it and pray that it continues to be more than just a phase.

Of course, I cannot forget to mention our cuisine for today...a little Italian place nearby. We enjoyed a quiet meal - Noah just talking us from his car seat for most of the meal. He was really into talking with Daddy - who kept asking Noah if he'd met any girls today. Good grief! Haha.

We have dinner tomorrow with my family so maybe I'll get an official Easter picture out of it. There's a possibility we might take a road trip next weekend. Still thinking about it....lots to consider since we've never traveled with a baby.

Today's Cuisine: Italian

No comments:

Post a Comment