September 3, 2012

First Steps

Noah has been attempting to walk now for a couple of weeks. Mostly it's a step and then crash because his balance isn't there or he'll tuck his little toes underneath and that causes him to wobble. Within the last week he's had a couple of running starts so much so I thought this kid might learn to run before walk. So between all the faux walking, I haven't felt ready to really call them his first steps. Until today!

Just as Noah first laughed at one of our cats...not his mom or dad...it figures that it would be a cat to help him on his journey to first steps. I was privileged to see him take 5 or 6 calculated steps toward one of our cats and then sit down to crawl the rest of the way.

How in the world does anybody record their kid's first steps on film?! You just never know when it's coming. The husband seemed a little sad that he wasn't there to see it, but how can you guarantee it'll happen when you're looking? That being said, my phone is on me for Noah's every waking moment until I'm able to record some of the action.

Pretty soon my boy will be on his way to playing baseball!! (At least I can hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment