October 20, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

Last week we took Noah to his first pumpkin patch. In fact it was mine and probably the husband's first pumpkin patch. Therefore, I polled my FB friends to make sure we picked a good one to visit. I figured, if anything, we'd have a good photo op and it was something fun to do now that the weather has been beautiful during the day. We also invited my brother and his family along (they have two boys) in hopes of getting a cousin picture but also to do something altogether.

The day was overcast which created the perfect weather for midday and we arrived early enough to beat most of the bigger crowds. The patch was at this farmhouse that hosted hay rides, mini train rides, bounce houses and loads of props and set pieces to get photos. And of course, there were the pumpkins.

We walked around and Noah recognized some of his favorite characters from Yo Gabba Gabba. He was so excited to see Muno and Brobee he ran right up to touch them and try and give them hugs. So cute! Once my brother and his family arrived we did the train and hay rides and then spent a few more minutes taking photos in the pumpkin field.

I know that at Noah's age, he doesn't give a flip about a pumpkin patch but I was excited to be able to start one of our first holiday traditions! However, I was almost deterred by one blogger I came across (somewhere within my daily feeds) who wrote about the "cliche pumpkin patch" and the annual FB posting of a kid sitting on a pumpkin that EVERY parent acts like it's a right of passage. I personally hate being cliche, but in this moment, with our first holiday season coming around with Noah, I pretty much said "screw that" and decided we were going to the patch for us and to have fun!

I did have a good "under-the-breath" laugh at the crazy amount of parents (myself included) walking around at the dusty farm with super, high tech cameras determined to get the best, professional-looking photo of their kid. There were even some amateur maternity shoots going on that I'll probably end up seeing someone pin on Pinterest. It's cute and laughable at the same time about how self-centered we all have become when it comes to getting creative with at-home photography.

I'm the first to admit though that I'm Noah's own personal paparazzi. So in honor of the cliche October pumpkin patch photo, here are a few...

Noah with Muno from Yo Gabba Gabba

One of a few pictures where he was not eating the grass

My little tractor man

So much to look at

No comments:

Post a Comment