February 19, 2013

Meh...

I haven't felt much like blogging lately. I'm sure most folks with 2+ kids might understand. I do have a couple of posts on my mind and in the works but for now, my down time feels so precious that even blogging doesn't make it to the top of my lazy to-do list.

But for those who were wondering, we're doing well. Aaron will be a month old this week and we're finally into a semi-routine. He sleeps about 4-5 hours at a time at night so I get a good chunk of sleep so much so that I'm actually having dreams and remembering them. When Noah was little, I didn't dream (or recall dreaming) until we moved him out of our bedroom. If we're Facebook friends then you've had a small taste of the crazy dreams I have been having though. Fairly entertaining if I might say so.

Aaron is still teeny tiny - my guess is around 7-8 pounds now but he's past that extremely newborn fragile stage and starting to fill out a bit in his face. I'll be glad to have a couple more months under our belt. For now, I'm enjoying that he's starting to focus in on the people that are holding him and I've actually been able to get a few smiles from him that are not gas-related. As much as I remember how to care for an infant, I feel like I've also forgotten how and when babies develop in different areas so we're needing to consciously remind ourselves to give him some sort of stimulation rather than just treating him as a little football that sleeps and lies there like a lump.

Noah, God bless his heart, is beginning to test us with his temper. He had his first time-out the other day in his crib and thankfully he knew I meant business. He's a good baby still and responds to our corrections and distractions but every once in a while something becomes too much for him to emotionally handle. Oy vey.

I'm ready to have my nights back that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment