June 11, 2015

The Decline of Brain Activity

As most moms in my group of friends say, I'm "in the trenches". A 3- and 2-year-old to chase after while caring for my infant daughter all takes a beating in more ways than one.

To name a few:
- Lack of sleep
- Lack of downtime
- Messy house
- Fewer showers
- An avalanche of laundry
- Mom brain

I was well prepared for the technical aspects of motherhood after years of clocking hours babysitting and working in daycare. I even managed to experience many other aspects that most women don't even think of just by observing the realities of my closest friends who were all done having babies by the time we started.

I can get over all the things I listed above, except for "mom brain". To be precise, mom brain in regards to stimulating my intellectual side by reading, writing and blogging. 

I miss it!

Have I tried reading? Yes. Although I cannot remember the last book I was able to finish.
Have I tried blogging? Only once in a while when the mood strikes.
Have I tried writing? Not a chance.

I have a great circle of friends and family all who enjoy reading and it grinds my gears that I can't keep up! So many books, so little time.

So there's no great point to this particular blog post, no memory to preserve or lesson to be learned. I'll just continue adding to my reading wish list, missing out on writing assignments and inspired blog posts in hopes that one day my brain will get off the endless hamster wheel it's on. 

In the meantime, any good books that I should check out in five years time?

Signed,
- Mom Without A Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment