March 17, 2012

Field Trip Saturday - Edition #4

Today's trip ended in mommy not being so happy and having barely been able to eat lunch.

It's been a whirlwind, emotional week with the events surrounding my grandparents (see previous post here) and with my parents up to their necks in driving across town daily and unable to see Noah as often as usual, we offered to stop by for a short visit before heading to our regular lunch date.

The morning was full because prior to leaving, some good friends visiting from Nebraska were able to stop by to meet Noah for the first time. It was a short visit but very special as they have always been close friends to us. They were also one of the families we asked to write a recommendation letter for us back when we started the adoption process. So amidst their precious time with family they were able to stop by. I miss them and it seems like no time ever passes when we do get to hang out.

It's roughly a 20-30 minute drive to my parent's home so Noah was able to doze for a bit. He woke up shortly after arriving so I know "grandma" and "grandpa" were happy to interact with him and help with a feeding before they needed to head off to the hospital.

We ended up at a local family-owned Italian place the husband had been to once. The servings we enormous however I was only ever destined to enjoy the fried ravioli we had as appetizers. Noah does not appreciate being tied down to the car seat if the possibility exists for him to get out; and eating as part of multitasking does not work for me. By the time the husband was done eating, it was my preference to just box everything and leave as Noah was getting more and more tiresome to keep happy (it was nap time again).

I realize that not every trip out will be perfect but I try to not let it resolve my solution that the easy path is to just stay home.

Today's Cuisine: Italian (Enough food for three days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment