November 13, 2012

Killer Stone

I woke up this morning knowing immediately that I was going to have a kidney stone. After having roughly 6-7 stones in the last 10 years, I should know. Thirty minutes later, the pain set in.

Before, kidney stones (while being a huge, really painful nuisance) were easy to deal with. I'd call into work and take the day to suck it up and through a series of perfected "treatments" I could usually pass them within half a day. However, now being a stay at home mom, I had no earthly idea how I could possibly care for Noah at the same time as trying to pass a stone.

So two things I am thankful for today:

1.) A mother-in-law who lives 10 minutes away, is retired and loves having her grandson over. (I know my mom would have dropped her schedule to come over if asked, but the husband went into action for me this morning.)

2.) The husband's job in that he has the ability to work from home. Ergo, packing Noah up and taking him to Grandma's house. Then, being nearby in the rare event I feel I can't take the pain and need to go to the doctor. He had already planned on working from home today. Had he not, he would have been long gone before I was awake and knew there was a problem.

Long story, short...it passed. Fast record too. All in all about 2.5 hours of misery followed by the empty anticipation of waiting for the pain to come back then finding today's souvenir much earlier than expected.

While I'm enjoying the break from being Mom (though not really spending it how I would prefer to), I love having my mornings with Noah and have been missing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment