December 30, 2012

Noah's 2nd Birthday!

A year ago today was the first time I laid eyes on my son and held him.

We had the option to see a picture of Noah before our Placement Day at Gladney but I declined. I didn't want to have any preconceived ideas of what he would look like. I wanted to experience it just like most parents do and see, hear and smell him for the first time all at once.

The night before, the husband and I went on a final "parentless" date and everything about that night was perfect in preparation for extending our family. It was difficult to sleep but we woke up with purpose and having to wait until our scheduled time to arrive at Gladney was filled with a mix of anticipation and impatience but all the time feeling God's peace on us.

Now, a year later, we have every reason to be thankful for Noah and thinking about our first day with him is still fresh in my mind. Just like every other parent, it's the day we became a family.


No comments:

Post a Comment