December 6, 2012

Santa

Neither my husband nor I grew up believing in Santa Claus. Our families spent the Christmas season focusing on the celebration of Christ's birth and although we weren't against Santa, we just didn't participate. (And for those of you who like to get technical, yes I know that Jesus was more than likely not born during the month of December.)

Most likely, we'll skip the whole Santa thing with Noah although I love hearing stories from my friends about the length they go to in order to keep their kid believing. However, that's not to say we won't get his picture taken with Santa. Case in point:

The husband and I were at the mall with Noah for some late evening Christmas shopping when we noticed a lonely Santa sitting in his "North Pole" and looking very sleepy. Since there was no line and Noah was equally sleepy we went ahead and plopped him on the big guy's lap for some very expensive photos. Luckily for Santa, Noah wasn't as grabby as he normally is and we got some cute shots of a baby/Santa stare-down and then with the help of a gross teddy bear we got a couple of smiles. In the end, I'm glad we got his picture taken with St. Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment