January 4, 2013

God and Bubbles

My new last resort, playtime item is a wand and a container of bubble solution. Now that winter is here, we're not outside as much as we are used to so Noah easily gets cabin fever. So when we've played in every room, with every toy and even with some non-toy items, it's freezing cold outside and Noah can't stand the "boredom", I whip out the bubbles. Even bubbles have a good five minutes of entertainment factor to them.

While we were playing this morning, I had my phone blasting a Kari Jobe Pandora station in the background. As I pulled out the bubbles and began blowing away to my little guy's heart's content, the song Amazed came on. The connection between the expression on Noah's face to the bubbles and the words to the song struck a deep chord in my spirit.

"Lord, I'm amazed by You.
Lord, I'm amazed by You.
Lord, I'm amazed by You.
How You love me."

I realized that seeing my son express his sheer amazement as he watched the bubbles is exactly how God is longing for us to see Him. We become Christ-followers and every once in a while the newness wears off and we get tired or jaded or desensitized to who God is and the miraculous things He has done and is doing.

We should still be amazed!

Bubbles may not be miraculous; but to Noah, experiencing the joy of something so special means everything in the world to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment