January 8, 2014

Two Boys

The older my kids get, the more they'll have to say and you better believe that I plan on writing down some of those choice phrases and funny thought processes that will eventually come out of their mouths. There's even some fun ideas seen around Pinterest on creative ways to store/display those memories. But until then, we're still discovering words and ideas and how to use them. For now, at the most, Noah will combine maybe 2-3 words to communicate certain things with us.

One phrase he recently started on absolutely melted my heart the first time he said it.

We have a two-story home and Noah is adept at going up and down unassisted. Aaron can make his way up (with me hovering) but he's always carried downstairs. Lately, Noah hasn't wanted to go down by himself so either we hold his hand or he asks "carry?" and I'll swoop him up from the top landing and head down - usually with Aaron in tow as well.

For the past week, when I have done this (carted both kiddos down the stairs at the same time), Noah gives me a big smiles and says "Two boys!"

"Two boys! Two boys!"

My heart smiles.They know they have their momma wrapped around their little fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment