May 9, 2012

Clutter

One of the downsides to becoming a mom in six days without notice is that in preparation for the baby, I had no time to focus on what is currently driving me nuts - clutter. I consider myself to be an extremely organized person. Granted, bits of it may be organized chaos but I know where things are. 

In our home we have three bedrooms including the master. One of the spares we painted and decorated when my brother-in-law moved here from Seattle and needed a place to stay for a few months - currently still the guest room. The other room is what I always referred to as the "stuff room" and this became Noah's room. In order for that to happen however, all the "stuff" got thrown into the guest bedroom. I said I was organized, not perfect. I usually wouldn't let a pile of "stuff" sit there too long before I tackled it and put everything in a proper place. I certainly missed my chance to get caught up the week before we picked up Noah. Can you blame me?

So now I'm challenged to find time to work on this room and it's eating me alive! I have several projects that I'm wanting to start but I'm forcing myself to put those on the back burner until this room is spotless once more. In addition, I need to get over the fact that I can't wipe out this task in one day like I could before. It'll be slow going, but I'm determined to do something in it at least once a day until it's done!

I cracked a joke on Facebook that I better hurry up before my husband contacts TLC. In all seriousness, I'm mortified to be posting this picture but hopefully it will motivate me to prove that I can do this and do it soon. No more procrastinating. Now I just need someone to remind me in a month or so to provide an update - more motivation! (Plus I promised my friends a garage sale).


No comments:

Post a Comment