May 16, 2012

Life List

I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions. Maybe it's a fear of failure or that I'm mostly a private person when it comes to sharing goals or dreams for my life and I prefer to keep them to myself. Who knows? After thinking it over, I realized that there's nothing really too poetic or scary about letting people know about some of the realistic and maybe unrealistic things that I would like to accomplish or experience in my life. For instance, one thing I would like to do before I "kick the bucket" is sky dive!

Wait for it.....wait for it......

There, that wasn't so hard. I've accepted the fact that people I may never meet now know about this secret ambition of mine. For those of you that do know me, perhaps this is an opportunity for us to do more things or have ambitions together.

I've been inspired over the last couple of months to actually make a list and thanks to one blogger's post (Chookooloonks), I've been released from the pressure of feeling bad if I'm unable to complete something. She also provides some great guidelines on how to make a list and what to leave off.

On that same note, I wrote last month about a little girl named Avery (see post here) whose parents created a growing bucket list for her as she did not have very long to live on this Earth. Sadly, Avery passed away April 30th at just 5 months old and although her list stemmed from having SMA, I feel compelled to make one for Noah. He is healthy and happy but I too want him to experience everything life has to offer.

Instead of calling it a bucket list, we're going to call them "life lists". And while the goal is to write down at least 100 things, I can guarantee that Noah's list will be much longer. Plus, I certainly plan on his to be ever-changing and growing. Since I'm the one creating it, it's obvious that these are the things I, as his mom, am hopeful for him to experience. Hopefully when he's a little older, he will help me add to or subtract from the list. (For reference, I'm purposefully leaving out goals such as potty training, walking, etc...what the average human being will eventually accomplish as he/she grows.)

Here are the links:

Mom's Life List

Noah's Life List


I'm excited to put these together! For now it's a work in progress but it will be fun to update and write about each one we cross off as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment