June 5, 2012

Germs and Other Nasty, Dirty Things


In a previous post I stated that I am not THAT mom, that I pick and choose my battles. Well time for honesty hour...here's one of them.

As you'll see below, Noah is comfortably situated in a colorful Infantino cart and high chair cover. Yes, I'm aware that sporting one of theses screams "NEW MOM" to all who see it. And you know what? I don't care! Ha!

Until he's a little older, this is one mommy-ism that I'm adamant about...high chair and shopping cart germs. I'm not talking about protecting him from all germs because I'm an advocate that being exposed to these little buggers every once in a while helps build his immune system, but I personally cannot stand how disgusting these things are.

I used to wait tables and not once do I recall ever wiping down a high chair, or seeing anyone else do it for that matter. And God only knows how many people have touched a shopping cart handle bar and rubbed their eyes or noses, etc and placed them right back where they started. I myself am guilty. (Anyone feeling grossed out yet?)

Now that Noah is sitting up (with support) we're ditching the car seat when we venture out to restaurants or the store and that cover is coming with us wherever we go. It may only be worth it for a few months, but it makes me feel that much better about taking him in public.


No comments:

Post a Comment