June 28, 2012

Vacation!

This time last year we were headed down to the coast to surprise some of our best friends by showing up on their Carnival cruise. Yes, we were invited. :) For a while we didn't think the husband and I could make it, so we passed. Thankfully, last minute, I was able to take off from work and we showed up on the boat. It was literally the best surprise we've ever pulled off and the trip as a whole was incredible! It's great to have a set of friends that you don't mind spending almost every waking moment with.

Fast forward to April this year, the husband had been talking up how beautiful Oregon was and on a whim our friends decided to take their boys for a week and tour the state during the week of July 4th - and we were invited along. Two weeks later, we all had plane tickets.

I don't know if I was starting to develop cabin fever, but I jumped at the chance to take a trip ... with the baby. I figured that whatever he was going to do at home, he would do on the road. Right?

We fly out tomorrow. At this point, I'm thinking what did we sign up for? I stress out about packing and flying (not flying, just the process) to begin with and to add a baby has overwhelmed me wondering how we're going to do this.

Just praying for a smooth flight in the morning. I know we'll have fun but ready to get past the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment