July 2, 2012

Oregon - Day Four

I love being on the coast! We're in Florence tonight and I have to say that I've enjoyed today so much that I truly feel like we're on a vacation.

The drive from Eugene was maybe an hour and a half so nothing too terrible that Noah couldn't make it through without some help. We drove straight to Old Town and found what looks like an old saloon to eat for lunch and afterward spent a couple of hours walking the strip, shopping and enjoying the local flavors. The boys found a fun mural to take some photos:
























Our big stop for the day was a few miles up the coast to the Sea Lion Caves. It was our first view of the Pacific (first time to the ocean for our friends' kids and Noah) and it was such a gorgeous day! The caves are obviously cliffside so the view was spectacular but chilly. Once you're 150-200 feet underground, the temperature drops a bit more but we sure weren't complaining. The kids loved the sea lions although that's all there really was to do...just look.



For the second night in a row we randomly found a place to stay without any pre-reservations. This little place had a few cabins for a decent price so each family had our own space for the night. I personally am not a big fan of cabins and since the beds were full size, I nearly made the husband sleep on the floor in the room I shared with Noah. No way was I going to let him sleep in a cabin alone when I could barely do it. My imagination kind of gets away with me when it comes to being near the woods. Yes, I know I'm 30 years old.
























Next: Day Five

No comments:

Post a Comment