July 7, 2012

Oregon - Day Nine

Our final night in Oregon! Like I said, I've been having a good time (with a few downsides) but I'm very eager to get my baby home and back on his schedule.

Beautiful drive today along the Columbia River! There were people kite sailing and kayaking...it just felt like there was so much life. We made a short stop at a local winery for a quick wine tasting. I had my fill and ventured out to check out the landscape.



























Twenty minutes back on the road and we had our next stop at the Bonneville Dam. I personally was super excited to see the dam since I've never been to one. They also had a fish ladder which was of course educational for the boys but we all enjoyed seeing nature take its course.

























Next stop was Multnomah Falls, the tallest waterfall in the state, however as we made the drive up to the falls the amount of tourists in the area was insane. Our friends were able to find a parking spot right away but we got stuck in an entourage of vehicles and after about a mile or two out, there was no way we'd be able to make it back to the falls by foot or by car in a decent amount of time. We decided to part ways and meet our friends back in Portland for our final night. The husband found a great Chinese place called Frank's Noodle House in the city and we ate some fresh homemade noodles with our meals.

Since the guys got to get away for a few hours by themselves back when we were in Eugene, it was the ladies' turn to get away! My friend and I drove around and found the little cafe the husband and I ate at our first night and we had Italian sodas and peanut butter pie. Yum!

Next: Day Ten

No comments:

Post a Comment